From Friday 17 – Sunday 19 July, we’ll be hosting the Blue Mountains Running Camp, Katoomba, with plenty of expert presentations and training sessions to help take your running to the next level.
- Expert Sport Scientist, Tony Boutagy, from Boutagy Fitness Institute will be presenting on the topic of ‘What Lifting Weights Can do for Your Running’. This will be an outstanding opportunity to hear evidence based, scientific, practical information from an industry expert on an often misunderstood topic. This will take place late-morning on Saturday.
- There will be a relaxed Q&A session with a panel of experts, including Tony Boutagy, Six Foot Track Marathon Race winner David Byrne, The North Face 100 – Australia 50km winner Emma Rilen, City2Surf winner & Olympian Ben St Lawrence and coach extraordinaire Gary ‘Tiger’ Howard. This will be your chance to find the specific information you are after: nutrition, training, shoes, gear, mental preparation, sleep, foam rolling, stretching and strength training. All topics are on the table, so think of some great questions. This will take place before dinner on Saturday evening.
- Late Friday afternoon will be a relaxed trail run for early arrivals. For everyone else it will be a chance to drive/train up after work, collect keys, eat dinner and relax.
- Saturday morning will involve a training session in Katoomba, catered to all levels of fitness – warm-up, drills, strides, session and cool down. All guest coaches/athletes will be present during this session and will be happy to answer any questions and give advice.
- Saturday afternoon will involve a recovery run along some picturesque trails from the door at the KCC Conference Centre (our accommodation). Taking in the Three Sisters (Australia) and many other spectacular views, bring your camera for a quick pic. Short options and easy paces available—some may even prefer a walk.
- On Sunday morning, we will complete a long run along Narrow Neck ridge. This is an out and back trail, so will cater to all levels. We will have some nutrition products available to trial on this run and throughout the rest of the camp.
Don’t fear, there will be plenty of downtime over the weekend to relax and explore the cafe scene around Katoomba and Leura. We will be providing delicious meals coordinated by Tracey Robinson for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as breakfast/brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
More details regarding price, arrival and departure times, options for attending presentations and sessions only, prizes and giveaways will be available soon, so stay tuned.
This is shaping up to be an awesome weekend, let us know if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there!